Dissertation proposal writing moments are those fiery moments when you’re first and foremost to be your own harshest critic and supporter, that when you present the proposal, your supervisor is not just energized, but inspired to support your enterprise. But such an outcome is only possible when and if we know how to write dissertation proposal. The best way to know how to write dissertation proposal is by creating a sample of dissertation proposal that accords to a dissertation proposal template. Hence the idea here is to use a dissertation proposal example to evaluate your proposal and to make it operate at its optimum because the proposal can be viewed as a program or even mathematical function.
Working with the Dissertation Proposal Template
The dissertation proposal template is a tool that is well used can generate a good sample of dissertation proposal. This template has been equalized to a mathematical function or computer program. If all members of the set of all dissertation proposals are turned to queries of limited scope, then the mind can generate answers to the posed questions and also direct the dissertation proposal writing process accordingly. So let’s start by stating the items in the dissertation proposal template set:
- The title
- An introduction
- Intentions and goals
- The method of operation
- Literature review
- Limitations analysis
- Resources needed
- General presentation structure
- Resource management strategy
Now we need to generate a small operational set which if any of the items in the above list is introduced to the set then the output is a set of statements that answer to the questions that are necessary for an optimal dissertation proposal. Therefore for each of the items on the list, there are necessary conditions that need to be met.
Hence if one takes at least four basic attributes for each element then one can formulate an operator that affirms each of the four attributes of the said item(s). For example:
“For ALL forms of Title, there are, (a, b, c, d) attributes that are essential for Optimality. What are the values of a, b, c, and d?”
A basic hint would be to align the four attributes to the four elements according to the Pythagorean tradition. The elements are air, fire, water, and earth. These are mathematical forms that can be derived in the least, geometrically, and are the basis of all forms in the universe.
Now repeat the function created for each of the items in the set holding the dissertation proposal template. Once the list is exhausted and the functions declared it may be a good thing to take a break and come for a functioning review to ensure that you have declared each attribute correctly. If you are satisfied, then it’s time to operate each of the functions using a body of knowledge or information that you bring into the system.
Creating a Dissertation Proposal Example
As we noted earlier, how to write dissertation proposal is by running a program derived from the dissertation proposal template and generating a sample of dissertation proposal. This sample then becomes our dissertation proposal example. But first, we need to come with a narrative of the problem. Where do we find the narrative?
- A relevant and interesting aspect of your course work
- Relevant thought or question that has been bugging you
- Any question that has been bugging you and can be reduced to relevant scope
- Events and realities that need explanations and that can be reduced to the scope of course work
If a certain source of the narrative is chosen, then the next thing is to write:
- A one-line statement
- A paragraph outlining the four elements implied by the one-liner
- Derive each of the four elements from the paragraph to represent the full form of the narrative
- Read to synthesize the narrative
Now for any four paragraphed narrative, there are four statements to be derived when each member of the list in the dissertation proposal template is subjected to any of the operational functions that you created in the beginning. Thus you can derive an acceptable proposal from any domain which is relevant.
Example of Narrative Creation
- One liner – “Certain negative effects present when our knowledge premises are alienated from theories of human origin”.
- Paragraph – “Theories of human origin direct the values we select when creating mathematical models that generate the relations we call worlds. The elements in the worlds then combine according to resonance and thus create actual events and institutions that we call life.”
- Generating the four paragraphs – For each element mentioned in the paragraph, derive the remaining elements to complete its form….
- Synthesis of the narrative – State the narrative aloud without consulting
Now one can run the dissertation proposal generator by taking the narrative through each of the listed items of the dissertation proposal template.
That is, for every narrative instance N going through the function of item I on the dissertation proposal template there are generated four statements describing the attributes of the function in question and that fulfill the optimality condition(s) of the matter in question. So for every listed item then there is a set of four attributes that if joined create a form.
So we can now generate a dissertation proposal outline by listing all the results following the dissertation proposal template. Thus the outline would appear as follows:
- The title – ( Statement with elements all the elements fused together)
- An introduction – ( A paragraph fulfilling the following attributes: A statement of the Key issues for element Air’, a justification using element – Fire’ and probably citing a counter c against the thesis of the introduction, a resolving statement of the element- Water’ – basically a statement of intent and goals and Earth’ for all that is to be actualized.
- Intentions and goals – This is an elaboration of the intentions and the goals that if achieved then the intention is fulfilled. The entire form should have all the four elements in them
- The method of operation – Out of the intentions and goals, we can reverse engineer the outputs to visualize the methods of research that need to be deployed to get the outputs. At this level, we need to only state the type of research needed. For example, for all outputs detailing numbers, we know that we are dealing with quantitative research methods whose operations involve the process of producing them. Therefore for each of the respective goals, there is a method of achieving it. Now the set of all processes needed to accomplish the goals we create the methodology set.
- Literature review – How to write dissertation proposal depends so much on the quality of the literature review. One way to guarantee optimality is to ensure that for each of the four elements there is a corresponding list of references that will be used to amplify on the elements
- Limitations analysis – Now if the methodology is known, then the question is how the methodology can be achieved given the scope and circumstances. This analysis can be limited to only statements such as “For the methodology M the limitation L is the condition for its optimal implementation” Thus for all members of the methodology class we can have all limitation statements
- Resources needed – These limitation statements are then used for generating the set of all resources needed to fulfill the goals and intention. If all or most of the resources are accessible or easily created, then the viability of the dissertation proposal is high and it’s rational to go to the next stage in the dissertation proposal template
- General presentation structure – Now that the whole dissertation proposal writing process has been developed to an advanced level, the whole dissertation proposal can be visualized and outlined, with each section being carefully defined in terms of the basic This helps to give a notion of the sequences that can be used to finish the dissertation project efficiently and effectively.
- Resource management strategy – For each of the possible sequences that you’ve designed there is a cost. Hence the idea is to trace all possible sequences to derive the least cost path in terms of time and money and any other resources involved
- References – First there are issues of any rules governing the uses of references, and there are the references that need to be cited to lend credence to the whole proposal. Hence the idea is to cite the references that are directly connected to the main elements of the whole composition rather than the parts.
Completing the Dissertation Proposal Example
The process of how to write dissertation proposal can now be completed by joining together all the components created above through the use of descriptive language and through careful use of transition statements so that the whole proposal flows in one logical argument whose components are each mathematically sound. When these conditions are fulfilled then we have a dissertation proposal sample that is also a dissertation proposal example that can pass the scrutiny of any supervisor and earn the green light that will open new knowledge to you as the researcher and to the whole world.
Other interesting articles